Saturday, June 12, 2010

You don't have to put on that red light

So it turns out I'm a music slut.

You know...
See something, get all hot over it, pursue madly, get in deep with it all, lose interest, because some other good looking thing has just walked past, put my object of lust on the back-burner with all the others.

Slut :(
And not too happy about it.
But it's time to face the truth.



This week my musical crush (and personal, perhaps) is Big Time Rush, and boy band... kinda... based on a tv show of the same name, on Nickelodean. Very simple, catchy songs. Good voices and understated harmonies.

And yes, again, I am in love.



How could I not be?!
(slut mentality reenters)

Very, very talented boys. Very, very sexy boys. So yep, definitely my latest personal crush also.
Very, VERY sexy boys.



But I haven't forgotten my past lovers!

The Ten Tenors still serenade me to sleep each night, and I frequent Jordan Pollard's page perhaps a little too much. Once I have sorted all these travel fees and rebuilt my bank balance, first thing on my shopping agenda is that album. That beautiful, beautiful album of Mr Pollard's.

UC Men's Octet is my general happy viewing still, Damien Rice my wailing music, Anberlin my driving/ walking/ travelling music, Sigur Ros for the magic moments, Westlife for everything, Death Cab for pondering,
Copeland... Coldplay... Imogen Heap... Family Force 5.


I really don't mean to desert my faithful lovers. I guess I just fall easily.
And eventually I return, even if it is with another man in tow.




But is it wrong?
Morally and all that. Musically.
To find new loves and fall quickly, madly, deeply.
Is it?



Because, I gotta admit. I kind of enjoy this sluttiness.
Really like it.
Couldn't think of a better way to do it.

Because the only other option I can see is to chose your two or three bands and steadfastly, loyally support them and ONLY them, and everything else can jump off a cliff for all I care.

That, or have a general disposition of apathy. Oh, yeah that's alright... maybe I'll listen to them again sometime... whatever.
Which doesn't truly count as living in my head. Flatline.




Well, I'd rather be a slut than a bitch. Or a vegetable.

Sincerely,
Roxanne

No comments:

Post a Comment