Monday, April 26, 2010

Hiding in the cave: go stand on the mountain

Not very sane right now. Not very awake. Not living in the place I should be. Figuratively speaking.

I really don't have the greatest grip on life, and I really should care more.

I really should start living outside my own head for a change.
I spend more time creating this fictional alternate reality than I do living in the one I belong to. Lecturer made and interesting comment about Plurality today which got me thinking in turn about the idea that there are other universes out there in which things really do happen in the way we know (or don't know) they could have, and that maybe that means it really all did happen. That maybe in another universe I join forces with that amazing male singer and we create duets that rock the face of the earth; or that the guy who I met by chance hiding backstage listening to rehearsals sees me there; or that I didn't leave England and I still talked to the people I didn't want to say goodbye to; or that God would chuck a burning bush in somewhere, or come in a literal quiet whispering voice; or that I would have the guts enough to look... to care.

I really should focus on straightening out my sleeping patterns. Or lack thereof.

I really should tidy my room. And sort through all this paperwork. And drink more water. And do my assignments.

Did I mention I should care more?

No comments:

Post a Comment