Monday, April 12, 2010

Small Beginnings...

So.
Blog Number One.

Never really done this before, so it may take a while for me to get my footing in regards to translating myself well into html format.
But yeah!
Life at the moment is consumed with plans for my up and coming study exchange in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. Will be an international student at Agnes Scott College for a full academic year, starting mid-August, and I am really excited... vaguely delusional also, as I have ideas of what it will all be like which are likely to be completely false. But the culture shock has gotta be just as exciting as the planning, right?
Agnes Scott is a pretty small liberal arts college in Decatur, which is a sort of suburb of Atlanta, and is a women's college (?!). I'll be sharing a room with some poor soul too; I'm not so flash at sharing space. I'll be taking papers for my majors in English and Psychology, as well as a few extras. And it turns out I can gain credit for joining a choir and taking singing lesson so I'll definitely be taking up that option.

And to be honest, music is the main reason for me going on this wild excursion. Family Force 5 is a crunk rock band from Atlanta, who initially got me interested in that part of the country. My brother now mocks me for planning a whole year of my life around a band. I am keeping myself updated on all the bands who might end up playing shows in Atlanta, via Myspace and Facebook... subsequently my computer sees more of me than my flatmates atm.
And since deciding on going to America I have fallen in love with a few male a cappella groups from around the country, and I am already envisioning a trip to New York in the Spring to the ICCA finals! Obsession is a big issue here.

But as for now, I am stuck with a ticket from Los Angeles to Atlanta which arrives about 5 hours later than I need it to, with no way of getting it changed cheaply. And it seems I was semi-ripped off getting it in the first place. Thank you STA Travel.

Ah well, we live and learn
And occassionaly we get our parents to fight our battles, and demand refunds, for us - which is my next course of action.

No comments:

Post a Comment